Ampalaya with Egg


Lots of vegetables in Philippines I missed to eat and cook. That’s why I was looking in all markets here in Korea but some vegetables that I want were not available here. Some of my Philippine friends told me that there’s a Philippine store who sold vegetables like ampalaya, string beans and etc. but it’s out of stock. Last Sunday when I went to church after the ceremony I saw some displayed ampalaya so I didn’t hesitate to buy it and it’s the only pack that was left. Then I brought it at home and cook it with egg. I washed the ampalaya and putted salt on it and squeezed it to remove the bitter taste of ampalaya. Then I stir-fry the garlic and onion and add the squeezed ampalaya and add small amount of soy sauce, then when the ampalaya was already done I added the beetled egg and seasoned with salt and it really taste good. Ampalaya is nutritious and its good for those anemic persons.

Comments