"Chuseok: or Harvest Moon Festival Day : Korean Holiday

This Thursday I will going to visit at my parents-in-laws house to celebrate chuseok. Chuseok called "Harvest Moon Festival Day in English. This is one of the great national holidays of the year. On this day a feast is prepared and families hold memorial services at the family grave site. Viewing the full moon is a feature of the evening. Chuseok will be held on 13th, 14th and 15th day of this month of September.It is a kind of thanksgiving. My mother-in-law and I will going to prepare food for the celebration. They will going to make settings of foods as an offering to their passed away relatives like their parents or grandparents. They will going to vow in front of those prepared foods with the picture of their passed away love ones. This is also the time that the family gathered together to see each other. They will also go to their old relatives to take a vow with their children and those children will get money from their relatives as a gift. Others already cleaned the grave of their passed away relatives for them to visit during chuseok day and offer foods together with their families.
I can't visit you guys because I will going to have a vacation maybe I will see you when I'll be back soon.

Comments

Marifetane hobi said…
Hello.. blog hopping... have a nice day!